Thursday, February 17, 2011

quilt block

We have had more tragedy in our lives this winter than I like to think about, and yet again this week we lost a dear friend. For those of you who never had a chance to know my dear friend Ruby Salyer, well I'm here to say you missed out on one of the jewels of your life. Ruby taught me (and about a thousand other women) to quilt when I was in my early 20's. Not only did we learn to quilt, but to love and appreciate the skill and love that was sewn into every stitch. Ruby touched so many people in her 96 years on this earth. I remember saying to her daughter once that I hope someday others will speak of me with the kind of affection I've always heard anyone that knows Ruby when they speak about her. She was soft spoken, strong in faith and a cherished friend , I wish you could have known her.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Phyllis, I am so sorry to here about your friend, my prayers are with you and your family. I just came across your blog and I have enjoyed myself very much, you have some very nice things, so that is why I am becoming your newest follower! Thanks for sharing and stop by sometime to visit me.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete