Friday, February 4, 2011

Winter Blast

Oh the winter blast has affected all of us. This is Rackety Boom, peeking out from under his blanket of snow. Built in 1940, this old guy has seen so much, yet says so little. I would love to hear the stories of the countless children that took day trips in the front seat of this old truck, bouncing along with the windows down, enjoying the summer sun on their faces. Or maybe they were all piled in the back with their tanned legs hanging over the tailgate, laughing and swinging their feet as they rumbled along. I enjoyed a trip like that just last year, on an old dirt road, with my feet swinging along, the sun on my face, and yes, I think I was 10 years old again. Thank you, old truck, I can't wait to spend another summer with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment